Our Lady of Sorrows
- 8x8 print
- Printed on archival matte paper with art archival ink (means this is a true fine art print, won't fade over time!)
- 1/2 inch border so you are able to frame as you wish, online orders do not come with a mat.
- Price includes shipping - wahoo! (First class mail)
- Your print will ship the same day it has been processed, may take 3-5 business days.
- No watermarks will appear on your purchased print.
- If you would like a different size or the image printed on canvas, email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- © 2020 Become a New Creation. All rights reserved.
Our Lady of Sorrows by Katie Sahm
This image came in a moment of inspiration while watching a documentary ironically titled “Happy.” I literally had to pause the movie and dash down to my studio to begin working. I will never know what it was exactly that made me think of our Sorrowful Mother in that moment, but I knew that I needed to create this image. Looking back, I believe I felt the spiritual poverty that most of our brothers and sisters live in every day - all grasping for happiness but never looking to Jesus in whom our true hope, joy and salvation is found.
“Beloved Mother, so stricken with grief, help us to bear our own suffering with courage and love so that we may relieve your sorrowful heart and that of Jesus. In doing so, may we give glory to God Who gave you and Jesus to humanity. As you suffered, teach us to suffer silently and patiently. Grant unto us the grace of loving God in everything. O Mother of Sorrows, most afflicted of all mothers, have mercy on the sinners of the whole world.”
"Mary, who was conceived without sin and
who suffered for us, pray for us.”
- Our Lady of Kibeho, The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows
All online orders are final. If items within package were damaged upon arrival, please contact Katie, email@example.com.