Our Lady of Fatima
- 8x10 print
- Printed on archival matte paper with art archival ink (means this is a true fine art print, won't fade over time!)
- 1/2 inch border so you are able to frame as you wish, online orders do not come with a mat.
- Price includes shipping - wahoo! (First class mail)
- Your print will ship the same day it has been processed, may take 3-5 business days.
- No watermarks will appear on your purchased print.
- If you would like a different size or the image printed on canvas, email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- © 2020 Become a New Creation. All rights reserved.
Our Lady of Fatima by Katie Sahm
Over one hundred years ago, our Blessed Mother came to Fatima, Portugal and appeared to three children, Lucia, Jacinta, and Francisco. In this painting, I wanted to capture just a moment of this incredible miracle. I read up on the visionaries’ descriptions of what they saw the first time Mary came to them. Sr. Lucia, then only ten years old, said…
“A shaft of light split the air and standing over a small holm oak was the most beautiful lady dressed all in white more brilliant than the sun, shedding rays of light, clear and stronger than crystal glass filled with sparkling water.”
The last part of this description really spoke to me, Lucia was very specific. I thought about the way light would look shining through a crystal glass. When this happens, the light gets split up into the different colors of the rainbow and each edge of a crystal is another reflection of this prism. I imagine this heavenly light, which contains all the colors that our eyes cannot yet see, passing through Mary, sparkling and reflecting a multitude of color.
Lucia went on in her description of this light, “… it was like a reflection, it penetrated us to the heart, it allowed us to see ourselves in God.”
Written by artist, Katie Sahm
All online orders are final. If items within package were damaged upon arrival, please contact Katie, email@example.com.