Courage, Dear Heart
- 8x10 print
- Printed on archival matte paper with art archival ink (means this is a true fine art print, won't fade over time!)
- 1/2 inch border so you are able to frame as you wish, online orders do not come with a mat.
- Price includes shipping - wahoo! (First class mail)
- Your print will ship the same day it has been processed, may take 3-5 business days.
- No watermarks will appear on your purchased print.
- If you would like a different size or the image printed on canvas, email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- © 2020 Become a New Creation. All rights reserved.
Courage, Dear Heart by Katie Sahm
18x24 on Canvas - Original Available, contact the artist to inquire.
The title of this painting is from one of my favorite scenes from C.S. Lewis’ Voyage of the Dawn Treader. The sailors of this vessel find themselves approaching a great darkness, an all-consuming black mist with no end in sight. Instead of turning course, the captain decides to go forward into the unknown. Terror and despair gripped the hearts of the men aboard ship and all seemed lost when, despite their efforts, they couldn’t get back to the light of day. Lucy, the youngest on board, in the midst of her fear whispered a prayer that they may be saved. Suddenly, a tiny speck of light appeared with an albatross that flies near Lucy and she hears “courage, dear heart” in Aslan’s voice (who represents the Lord). The bird then guides the ship toward the light and all wondered at why they had been so afraid.
This life is filled with new adventures around every corner, some that delight our souls, and others that cause great fear. In the darkness it is difficult to remember our destination and that all we encounter is passing. The Lord never leaves us to fend for ourselves, He is with us always and gives us just enough light to continue on one step at a time.
"The world is thy vessel and not thy home.”
– St. Therese of Lisieux
Written by artist Katie Sahm
All online orders are final. If items within package were damaged upon arrival, please contact Katie, email@example.com.